The All-Round Benefits of Neem Oil You Should Know About
Neem oil is procured from the neem or Azadirachta Indica tree seeds. The tree can live up to 300 years. Neem oil has been in use as a folk remedy since long around the world. Beauty products like hair products, skin creams, and soaps extensively use neem oil. Hamam soap brand has been making all-natural soaps made out of neem oil from long ago.
Neem oil contains ingredients beneficial to your skin like Vitamin E, triglycerides, fatty acids, limonoids, calcium etc. It is high in fatty acids and is used to treat skin- and hair-related conditions. Neem oil is extensively used in skincare industry to treat acne, dry skin & wrinkles, stimulate collagen production, reduce scars, and heal wounds.
Health Benefits of Neem Oil
Neem tree has been named as ‘the tree of the 21st century’ by the UN. Used in Asia and Africa since ages, neem oil has proved to be effective against many problems. It extracts many properties of vegetable oil and softens the skin. Over and above its use in skincare like in Hamam soap, and healthy hair, neem oil is also used for medicinal purposes. Nevertheless, it is being used in the skincare industry for centuries. In alternative medicine, it is used in the treatment of dandruff and dry scalp.
Let us have a look at some major health benefits of neem oil:
- Neem oil is beneficial for your skin as it contains active ingredients, and oleic acid, which is an antioxidant agent.
- It can also be used in its raw form; it can be directly applied to your skin.
- It’s vitamin E and essential fatty acids help reduce stretch marks by helping your body regenerate the dermis.
- Because of its hydrating properties, it is used for treatment against dry skin.
- Neem oil is used in soap for its restorative and reinvigorating properties. Hamam soap made from neem oil rids your skin of impurities through gentle cleansing.
- Neem oil has regenerative properties useful to fight pathogens present under your skin. It thus fights wrinkles and keeps your skin smooth.
- Neem stimulates collagen production, which slows down your ageing. Thus, neem oil makes you look young and supple.
- Vitamin E and essential fatty acids in neem oil enable it to seep down into your skin and heal cracks, thus reducing dryness in your hair.
- Neem oil is also helpful in eczema treatment. It fights eczema symptoms like itchy and dry skin. Neem oil cannot cure the root causes of eczema but it can help with irritation and rashes.
- Neem oil is effective against acne. If you club neem oil with clay, the mixture obtained reduces acne on your face.
- Neem oil is also used for dandruff. You can massage your scalp with neem oil before washing your hair.
- Neem oil is used to improve hair texture. Regular use of neem oil helps keep your scalp and hair healthy. It also helps keep your hair strong and untangled, making them easy to style.
- Neem hair oil has been in use for decades to get healthy hair growth. It strengthens hair roots and accelerates hair growth. It can also be used to fight hair thinning caused by stress, medication or pollution.
- Also, neem-based shampoo can prove useful in reducing head lice without imparting any side effects.
- Because of its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties, it is regarded as a natural cosmetic.
- Neem oil is used in toothpaste for reducing gum inflammation and tackling halitosis.
Storing Neem Oil
While purchasing neem oil bottle, opt for cold-pressed neem oil packaging. Use neem oil within two years of its manufacturing. Store neem oil either in a refrigerator or in a dark, cold place.
Neem oil can condense at low temperatures. Worry not as it can be brought back to the liquid form by placing it in warm water. But while liquifying it, make sure that the water is not too hot as the heat can destroy azadirachtin in the oil.
Neem oil has been in use for thousands of years. The all-natural oil can be used for a variety of skin conditions. Also, it is easy to use and inexpensive. Now that you know many of its health benefits, start using neem oil for your needs.