5 Movies to Watch on Amazon Prime with Family during Coronavirus Lockdown
While the 21-day Coronavirus lockdown is incredibly crucial to bring the number of positive cases of coronavirus down and flatten the curve, we are also aware that it can get rather dull sitting at home all day long. Social distancing is the need of the hour and to help you pass time a little quicker and with a dose of entertainment for you and your family, here is a list of movies that you can watch.
Rather than you having to spend time scrolling aimlessly on Amazon Prime Video wondering what to watch, we have curated a list of five movies that are perfect for the family to enjoy together.
Check out our recommendations:
- Parasite – If you are open to the idea of watching foreign language films, Parasite should top the list of must-watch movies. The movie revolves around the Kim family – father Ki-taek, mother Chung-sook, daughter Ki-jung and son Ki-woo. The family goes from living in a small basement apartment and having a low-lying job of folding pizza boxes to scheming and infiltrating the house and lives of the wealthy Parks family. Quite the all-rounded and wholesome watch, Parasite leaves you gasping for more at the end.
- Good Newwz – Right now, we are looking for some kind of kind ‘good news’ to cheer us up while we stay home and this one is proving to be quite the laughter riot! What happens when a major sample mix-up leads to four lives getting intertwined and rather complicated? Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor Khan, Diljit Dosanjh and Kiara Advani, prove to be four incredibly dynamic and power-packed characters, each one providing great value to the storyline. As is expected from a Bollywood film, the songs are incredibly catchy (even as they break into a dance rather randomly and for no reason at all)!
- Chef – Home quarantine can get rather boring and some comedy and laughter becomes a must. Chef, a 2014 release has been written, co-produced, directed and acted by Jon Favreau. A comedy-drama, the movie is about a chef, Carl Casper, who quits his top-notch job at a fancy LA restaurant after getting involved in a public spat with a renowned food critic. He ends up opening a food truck with his son and rediscovering his love for Cuban food. The movie is portrayed in a light-hearted tone that beautifully captures one’s passion for food and how wonderful it feels to rediscover your roots and en-route, rekindle and better past relationships with loved ones.
- Hindi Medium – If you haven’t already watched this Irrfan Khan and Saba Qamar starrer, please do so during the covid-19 lockdown. The movie follows the life of the Batra family in Delhi who are trying their best to get their 5-year old daughter admitted into a prestigious English-medium school. But since their English language is poor, their daughter’s application gets rejected. From there begins a journey that includes a few lies and deceits to get the best of education and eventually realising that all of it does not matter.
- The Report – If you and your family love a good drama piece with a few fist-clenching moments, make sure to check out The Report. Partly based on the article titled Rorschach and Awe’, the movie provides an insight into the torture methods used by the CIA post the September 11 attacks of 2001. The main characters of the story dive deep into tracing more than a decade worth of data to find out the reason behind the destruction of CIA’s interrogation tapes from 2005.
Stay safe while the Coronavirus infection forces you indoors. You can use the COVID-19 lockdown to bond with the family over some great films!